I get 'cross

My journal of cyclocross
Follow Me

Welsh Camp



By  CJ Boom     17:39     
Went to Wales, stayed at a Welsh person's house (team mate Tracy @teecee37) had Easter Eggs and all sorts. Did lots of riding. It was good there were hills, a race and hills.
I've made a rather crude photostory. Camera of choice - iphone. Yeh I know its lacking in any kinda of commitment a great blogpost not even got a flickr gallery. But then I'm working to quantity not quality people.
Day 0 - Arrival and a spin. The data and photos are missing because I didn't have my Garmin charged or my iphone. But bascially on Friday we did 50 hilly miles towards the route of the Dragon Ride. It was good but we took it easy.

Day 2 - All Rapha women's wear got ridden in and tested in sun, fog and spitty rain today. Rode to Barry Island for a photo at 'world' famous Marco's Cafe, off of Gavin and Stacey. Barry Island is a seriously not nice place. I guess like Southend but Welsh. We looked out on the beach, saw some litter and then went off riding.




Day 2 - When we got back there was the need for Curles to tell me about the hole in her other pair of non-Rapha shorts. The hole was created by the saddle bag. I had to agree it is a very common problem. I didn't care for her story though...

Then we went and got a Chinese.This photo is where we were deciding to get vegetarian duck or not

Day 2 - Race and training ride got compacted all together. We met up with Jif Cardiff and our other teammate Ang. She raced the day before in a handicap was was unable to join us for our first ride of the camp.
We rode 17 miles out to the race, the race was a around a motor circuit run. Forza Spring Series 2. Big headwind down the start finish is all I can remember. Quite a big field I rolled around in the bunch trying to work my way forward but it was fairly fast. Hence I made myself work much harder by hanging around at the back, with 5 to go I was floundering and slammed the brakes on as a crash happened. That was it the bunch disappeared and I decided that was my day done. Would have like to have finished but that is racing and I should know better for hanging on at the back because thats where the crashes always are!
Curles took the win for the women with Ang taking second. Their finish was roughly mid pack, good work though against brutish boys. James didn't fair so well in his first road race and was mid pack but shamefully beaten by the Rapha Condor girls.
As a break tried to get away in the race, I flicked my Giro Haviks off my face (somehow, a freak occurance) and I they were lost to the wheels of my competitors. The lens survived so the boys at Giro sent through a replacement frame for me. Phew not so gutted.





Day 3 - Big training ride. Roughly 10 riders headed out. Featuring Ang and her coach Del, myself, Tracy, James and Curles. Hilly and fast. Knocked out 40km/h on the flat for the first half that really shock the legs out. There wasn't much time for photos this was pure training and no cake. Much to some riders disappointment. But in the immmortal words of Dean Downing "eating' is cheatin"
Thankfully there was a massive Roast Lamb dinner to finish the day! We then headed home, tired but trained.
Roll on the season!

Got plenty of washing to do now though. Messing room time!
/*

About CJ Boom

*/

No comments:

Post a Comment